Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVDS connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

malkauns

I wanted to know where I can find LVDS connectors at a reasonable price. This is for a home project I am working on so I definitely do not need to buy in bulk. Max I would need are 10. I would obviously need the wires coming off of the connector so that I can solder them to a longer cable. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Define LVDS.... Ethernet cables are LVDS, USB cables are LVDS...

Low voltage differential signal is an incredibly vague way of defining a cable.

Could you be more vague? There are at least a half dozen different types of LVDS cables used in LCD panels..

Last edited:
Can't really tell much from the picture. There are many connectors that it could be. We need to see what the mating face looks like.

Also, how many and what type of pin? What is the pin spacing? How many rows of pins?

There is something that concerns me though. At first I assumed that the black square part of the connector was a backshell/strain relief. But the fact that the wires fan out behind that tends to contradict that assumption.

The connector type isn't overly important they don't all have proper names, all you need to determine is the pin size and the pitch, you can find a matching connector/socket from those dimensions as long as the body isn't locking, but you can determine that visually.

Last edited:
That picture in post 10 looks like a the edge of a PCB. If so, it is probably something custom that your LCD manufacturer made.

They may be using a receptacle designed to accept a small PCB module (like a memory stick) but they have used it for an I/O connection.

generally, you need to look at the same catalogs manufacturers use. find any logos or manufacturer's names on the connector and see if they have a downloadable catalog. catalogs usually have pretty good detail drawings so you can correctly identify the connector you need. you will also need a pin crimper for the pins used in the connector, and that may or may not be easy to get (and specialized crimper tools, just the hand tool, can be upwards of $200.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back