Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspiceXVII Subcircuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Jackson

Hi. I'm trying to add a subcircuit to a schematic. I create the asy symbol file with labeled pins. I create the asc schematic in the same (LTspice sym) folder as the symbol with net labels identical to the pin names. I add the symbol to another schematic. If I right click on the symbol, it shows that the corresponding asy and asc files are linked as they should be, but still reports the subcircuit as among the 'Missing schematic(s) of the hierarchy:', if I try to simulate. And the next time I startup LTSpice and right click on the symbol, there is no longer any corresponding asc file in that dialog at all. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Note that the sym and asc files exist not in a subdirectory of the original LTspice install directory or in the same directory as the host schematic, but in the Windows Documents folder that LTspice feels compelled to create too during installation.

Hi. I'm trying to add a subcircuit to a schematic. I create the asy symbol file with labeled pins. I create the asc schematic in the same (LTspice sym) folder as the symbol with net labels identical to the pin names. I add the symbol to another schematic. If I right click on the symbol, it shows that the corresponding asy and asc files are linked as they should be, but still reports the subcircuit as among the 'Missing schematic(s) of the hierarchy:', if I try to simulate. And the next time I startup LTSpice and right click on the symbol, there is no longer any corresponding asc file in that dialog at all. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Post the schematic, the symbol and its schematic file, and we’ll take a look...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back