Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamal

I am using Spice to model a plate heated with discrete rsesitors. The limitation is the gradient not more than 3 degrees C. How amny and where on the plate for a power of 2kW. Specifically I nee d to model a 'resistor' with the equation v=100-i.100. Can't get LTSpice to acccept .param .func. And of course KISS doesn't apply and of we go into complicated things which don't show the underlying method. Any clues folks? Any help gratefully acknowledged.

I am using Spice to model a plate heated with discrete rsesitors. The limitation is the gradient not more than 3 degrees C. How amny and where on the plate for a power of 2kW. Specifically I nee d to model a 'resistor' with the equation v=100-i.100. ...
Is "v" the voltage of a node in your circuit?
Is "i" the current though a branch of your circuit?
Are you simulating in the time domain or some other type of analysis, such as a parameter sweep (.DC) or source sweep?

Last edited:
I'm always impressed by the quality of the LTSpice help file. The examples haave always resolved my question.

Is "v" the voltage of a node in your circuit?
Is "i" the current though a branch of your circuit?
Are you simulating in the time domain or some other type of analysis, such as a parameter sweep (.DC) or source sweep?

Just operating point simulates the static thermal state. i equivalent to power is the convection loss power, v is the temperature above ambient the static non-dependat term. Can't seem to fathom out the site so could you reply to me directly alan.malby@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back