Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice - varying frequency along time

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Most Helpful Member
LTSpice simulation.

I could not find a way to implement this:

a) Testing a circuit fed with a fixed amplitude sinusoidal voltage source varying frequency along a certain period. Say, in 2 seconds, between 6KHz to 450 Hz with 0.5 V amplitude.

b) Later I would like to test the same circuit in the same period at a fixed frequency with a varying amplitude.

c) And last, eventually, mixing both options.

Is such a thing possible? I fear I am out of luck here.

Please note:

I am not trying to do a .tran simulation; my test is in one pass along time and stepping a parameter is not what I need either (well, the way I know to use it, at least...).

Suggestions appreciated.

Edit:
I should have said, .ac simulation. My bad.
/Edit

Last edited:
Have you tried the 'modulate' device (in the SpecialFunctions folder)?
The test you propose sounds like a .tran analysis to me, but you say it isn't? :confused:

1n.gif

The sim in the previous post is a .Tran. B1 makes a voltage that goes from 0V to 1V as time goes from 0s to 2s. The Modulate behavioral component makes a 2Vp-to-p signal which is 1Hz when the FM input is 0V (space=1) and makes 25Hz when the FM input is 1V (mark=25).

Thanks to you both for replying and sorry for saying the oposite: I was effectively trying to do a .tran simulation (avoiding an .ac simulation). :banghead: :facepalm: :arghh:

I understand you call this "a senior moment". We have a couple of colorful expressions on this regard as well.

Last edited:
hola at,
Download the Audacity Unicode Audio program, you can make sweep frequencies, chirps, ramps etc as a wave file, then use the wave file in LTS.
To set the amplitude just use a OPA to change the signal level.
Eric
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=https://audacity.sourceforge.net/&ei=o6rhVKL9Icmf7gbDuYDADA&usg=AFQjCNEjZ2LIXUq09FvorQJKXfovOmNfWg&bvm=bv.85970519,d.ZGU
Gacias Eric,

As soon as I change this clunky PC, I will download it. I became aware of it thanks to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back