Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice Switches missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to convert from Yenka to LTSpice as Yenka can't keep up with large circuits. But, a lot of fundamental components aren't in the LTSpice library's. Like, simple switches. No SPST, DPST. Nothing.

Any ideas why?

I've decided to convert from Yenka to LTSpice as Yenka can't keep up with large circuits. But, a lot of fundamental components aren't in the LTSpice library's. Like, simple switches. No SPST, DPST. Nothing.

Any ideas why?

hi,
Yahoo LTS group has switch models.

EDIT:

Attachments

• AAesp02.gif
    AAesp02.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 5,001
Last edited:
There are swtiches in LTspice. The are kinda funky, because they have a voltage "in" port that switches the contacts with a threashold voltage. I think it's under the "components" library. I'll have to look when I get back home and double check, but I know they are available.

If nobody else beast me to it, I'll post an example circuit that uses LTS switches.

Last edited:
Yah, I found them. No sign of DPST switches though. :( Oh well.

You can simulate a DPST switch using the swtiches provided in LTSpice. It can get kind of messy, but you can hide the details in a custom component.

Or jsut use realys as Mr EG suggests.

Last edited:
Here's a schematic that uses a switch in LTSpice. You have to chose the switch from "components/sw" and use the .model statement as shown to define the switche's characteristics. You can simulate any switch by connecting the sw primative in various configurations, and as I said, hiding the details in a custom symbol.

Attachments

• mySwitch.JPG
    mySwitch.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 3,989
I have used two spst switches as a spdt switch. I wire the inputs together so they get the same voltage. In the .model statement I set one switch to have an on resistance of 1 ohm and an off resistance of 10,000,000 ohms. The other switch has a on resistance of 10,000,000 and an off resistance of 1 ohm. This causes the two switches to act opposite to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back