Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice simulation with inverting op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechtune

Hello, I'm new here.

I'm currently using LTspice software to simulate a circuit of inverting operational amplifier, to amplify the sine wave input voltage from amplitude 1V to output 5V. However the simulation never display the desired result.

I have attached my ltspice file below for reference. I really appreciate for those who are willing to provide useful tips and help. Thanks!:)

Attachments

• plan.asc
    948 bytes · Views: 338
Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here.

I'm currently using LTspice software to simulate a circuit of inverting operational amplifier, to amplify the sine wave input voltage from amplitude 1V to output 5V. However the simulation never display the desired result.

I have attached my ltspice file below for reference. I really appreciate for those who are willing to provide useful tips and help. Thanks!:)

hi and Welcome,
You do not have a positive supply to the OPA!, use a 9V voltage source or battery

EDIT:
Note for an input signal that swings below 0V on the input, you must have a dual supply to the OPA, try + and - 9V
Or
Apply a +DC offset to the sine wave input.

Attachments

• plan.asc
    1.1 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
With only a single supply, you will not amplify the negative portion of the sine wave.

0.1 ohm and 0.5 ohm are much too low resistance values for that op amp. Make them at least 1k and 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back