Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice schematics is into another Linux tool for generating board layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be convenient way importing LTspice schematics into some tools on Linux for generating board layout, in definitive clear step by step

pcb and Kicad is readily installed

Please any experienced one share and show us

In KiCAD you can import Eagle files but probably not more. In the KiCAD forum there is some talk with no success.

If you could import, each schematic symbol would need to be changed to a KiCAD symbol and have a foot print attached.
I would start with two monitors on the PC. Have SPICE on one monitor and KiCAD on the other and just start over. It will probably take the same time.

What would be convenient way importing LTspice schematics into some tools on Linux for generating board layout, in definitive clear step by step

pcb and Kicad is readily installed

Please any experienced one share and show us
You can probably do it but it won’t be easy.
The main issue is that you have to coordinate the part libraries such that specific part attributes are mapped in both systems. When you do that it will work and it will be seamless but it takes a lot of work.
I’ve done this with ltspice and designspark pcb.

i think i've tried this before... LTSpice does create a netlist, and i think i was able to import to kicad, but i had to do a lot of editing of the schematic afterwards... it may help to first create a parts library with all of the components you need in kicad using the part numbers you will be importing from LTSpice.... if i get some time this weekend i'll try it again myself and see how it works, because it's been a very long time since the last time i tried it.... i do remember having to edit the LTSpice netlist quite a bit before importing it to get it to work...

Thanks all, got solution
Just upgrade Kicad to the latest at least 5.1.10, it comes as (nearly) perfect package, has ngspice 34 ready installed
and if try to do, don't do halfway,
installed all dependencies and recommended packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back