Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTSpice linear circuit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacelord

I am trying to model a simple linear circuit through LTSpice but I am having some issues. I am familiar with Spice, using it periodically throughout my college career. However, this particular problem I'm working on requires modeling of a switch inside a circuit that closes/opens after a given amount of time - just a simple time-delayed switch. This seemed so simple when I first saw it, but apparently LTSpice doesn't have any component that will actually do this.

I tried using the voltage controlled switch device but I ran into some really complicated stuff with threshold voltages and exponential functions that I wasn't familiar with at all, since I've never used that device before.

Does anyone have any advice? I can't imagine that a component this simple is super-complicated to model. Thanks.

I am trying to model a simple linear circuit through LTSpice but I am having some issues. I am familiar with Spice, using it periodically throughout my college career. However, this particular problem I'm working on requires modeling of a switch inside a circuit that closes/opens after a given amount of time - just a simple time-delayed switch. This seemed so simple when I first saw it, but apparently LTSpice doesn't have any component that will actually do this.

I tried using the voltage controlled switch device but I ran into some really complicated stuff with threshold voltages and exponential functions that I wasn't familiar with at all, since I've never used that device before.

Does anyone have any advice? I can't imagine that a component this simple is super-complicated to model. Thanks.

hi,
Please post your LTS *.asc file.?:)

Voc N005 N002 12.29
R1 N003 N005 0.3
R2 N001 N003 0.2
R3 N001 N002 0.1
C1 N001 N005 4
S1 N002 N004 NC_01 NC_02 SW
R4 N004 N002 1
.backanno
.end

S1, the voltage controlled switch, is located in the circuit in the correct place. It's supposed to close after the circuit has been operating for 10s.

Voc N005 N002 12.29
R1 N003 N005 0.3
R2 N001 N003 0.2
R3 N001 N002 0.1
C1 N001 N005 4
S1 N002 N004 NC_01 NC_02 SW
R4 N004 N002 1
.backanno
.end

S1, the voltage controlled switch, is located in the circuit in the correct place. It's supposed to close after the circuit has been operating for 10s.

hi,
I'm after your .asc file , not the model of the switch.:)

That is the asc file for the entire circuit. I told you it was simple :)

hi,
Look at this, use the 'sw' from the LTS lib.

AAesp01..gifView attachment MySw2..asc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back