Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisy_daddy

Hi all,

I'm creating some circuit in LTspice IV and I'm gonna need some buttons or whatever that will allow me to trigger lo/hi voltage level by clicking mouse button and some lights that can display lo/hi voltage level, so that I can trigger lo/hi level on the inputs and check their influence on the outputs. Is anything like that available in LTspice IV or possible to create by myself? If not, can you recommend me another program? (possibly with a huge library of elements like LTspice IV and possibility to create subcircuits)

You can use the LTS voltage-controlled switch (sw) to represent a push-button, and an LED for display.

Multisim Electronic Workbench allows you to use the PC keyboard to control the operation of in-circuit switches and pots. It also has logic indicators you can add to the schematic that will visibly light on screen when the logic level at that point is high.

Thanks for Your responses guys. Well, maybe I should try multisim then. Does it also allow to create subcircuits and put them into a circuit as a normal element like LTspice IV?

Oh but there's another problem with multisim. At least as far as I know there's only 30-day trial available for free and I'm gonna need it for a bit longer ;/ or I'm wrong and you know where I can take a non-limited version from??

Last edited:
You can feed LTSpice stimulus but you can't interact with it directly. It's a Spice simulator not a real time virtual experimentation lab.

You can use piece wise linear sources feeding voltage controlled switches to simulate virtually any physical interaction, you just have to build the circuit for it.

Last edited:
You didn't say it had to be free. ;)

Analog Devices is offering a limited version of Electronics Workbench for free. That's the best I can do.

It's a Spice simulator not a real time virtual experimentation lab.

Maybe just a program for simulating digital systems?

You didn't say it had to be free.

fair enough ;)

Analog Devices is offering a limited version of Electronics Workbench for free. That's the best I can do.

Ok so how is it limited? Does it have a library of some elements normally offered by producers (like binary counter, adder, timer etc.)? If not does it have logic gates (ofc it does, just want to be 100% sure) JK and D flipflops?

Ok so how is it limited? Does it have a library of some elements normally offered by producers (like binary counter, adder, timer etc.)? If not does it have logic gates (ofc it does, just want to be 100% sure) JK and D flipflops?
If you go to their website I think answers to most of your questions can be found. Or download and try it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back