Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice IV ver 4.15s in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS running Wine 1.4 will not plot current

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inquisitive

Super Moderator
This is strange.

Under Windows 7 LTspiceIV 4.15s will plot the voltage and the current.

Switch to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, running Wine 1.4 and LTspice 41.5s. It will plot the voltage of the circuit under examination, but it will not plot "current". Holding down the Alt key and left-mousing clicking on the wire node it does show on the bottom left corner of the viewing window, "click to plot current -I(R1)-Ix(U1:OUT)". But when you left mouse click it does not display the current plot.

Wine is missing dll links? or some access to needed files under LTspice?

Any ideas or similar experience with this? Can you offer any suggestions to resolve this?

By the way, I did re-install LTspice a second time thinking that I had a corrupt install and overwriting would resolve it. But it did not help.

Ideas anyone?

Solved!

For some reason an additional key must be used under Wine. If you Add a Shifted Alt, then left mouse click. It plots "current".

Hope this tidbit helps somebody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back