Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTSpice IV

I use it all the time. I have posted hundreds of simulations here and AAC. You can use some of my sims as examples of how to use it...

LTSpice IV

I use it all the time. I have posted hundreds of simulations here and AAC. You can use some of my sims as examples of how to use it...

MikeMl just got the SPICELT looks good, I hastily built a quick circuit to light an led but yea......... clicked run simulation and .........

I can't actually see the led light up right? what is SPICE used for mostly?

Is it just like a thing where you build the schematic and you are only able to analysis the behaviour of the effected current,voltage,frequency etc?

i don't really understand what the stuff like transient, dc sweek, noise, dc tranfer,dc op pnt is tho.
(where can i find your videos? )

hi,
If you want logic simulations with lights etc.
Download this free sim.
**broken link removed**

E

youtube have good demo videos for ltspice.
LTspice is great for checking current and voltages correspond to your calculations.

Theres an old saying...if the simulator circuit works, it doesn't mean the actual circuit works, but if you cant get your simulator circuit running, the real circuit will never get running.

I can't actually see the led light up right? what is SPICE used for mostly?

Is it just like a thing where you build the schematic and you are only able to analysis the behaviour of the effected current,voltage,frequency etc?
The Spice simulator Electronics Workbench (Multisim) does have LED models that actually change on the screen to indicate when energized but that's not a free program.

SPICE is mostly used to simulate circuits during the design process to optimize the design, check for errors, and check circuit operation (determine that it does what you want).
Simulation makes it easy to try different variations of the circuit and test for the effects of component tolerances, etc., on the circuit performance.
It also allow you to monitor all circuit currents and voltages which likely is not possible in the real circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back