Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT Spice & Window 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Ok, at home I have XP and Mac. I installed LT Spice on both, I added a diode 1n4007 to the .cmp, on both Systems with no trouble.

But, then my work machine is Window 7, it will not let me set the files from Read only, it reverts back to read only.

Does anyone now how to correct this?

Should I just install XP and be done with it.

kv

Try typing into the search box on Win7 from the start menu, "UAC". Turn it to minimum. This can stop you writing to areas of the disk you wouldn't need to.
LTSpice stores your files in a default directory in Program Files (x86) \LTC\LTSpiceIV which Win7 doesn't like you doing.
Your Sys admin at work may have also set this so you can't write anywhere where you shouldn't be doing so. Program Files (x86) is one of those places unless you have admin privs.

Try typing into the search box on Win7 from the start menu, "UAC". Turn it to minimum. This can stop you writing to areas of the disk you wouldn't need to.
LTSpice stores your files in a default directory in Program Files (x86) \LTC\LTSpiceIV which Win7 doesn't like you doing.
Your Sys admin at work may have also set this so you can't write anywhere where you shouldn't be doing so. Program Files (x86) is one of those places unless you have admin privs.

It's a stand alone 64bit windows 7, I installed the operating system myself. I turned off UAC and re-started to make sure it took affect, no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back