Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LPT driver for xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zener_Diode said:
hey.
I need a lpt driver for XP.
where can I get it????

thanks.

That's a very unspecific question - but, to answer the actual question you've asked - everything is on your XP installation disks!.

Try asking for what you want, and what you are trying to do, your existing question is worse than useless!.

LPT driver for xp (*)

I cann't change the value of the LPT port from Picprog2 or from debugger when it run under XP.
at hardware properites the lpt port is function currectly.
I tried to do it on 2 computrers with XP system.
When can I get the driver to solve my problem.

thanks.

Re: LPT driver for xp (*)

Zener_Diode said:
I cann't change the value of the LPT port from Picprog2 or from debugger when it run under XP.
at hardware properites the lpt port is function currectly.
I tried to do it on 2 computrers with XP system.
When can I get the driver to solve my problem.

I would suggest the problem is probably with PicProg2, is it suitable for use under XP?. PicProg2 also isn't very informative, a google search finds various items called that, the earliest of which is an old DOS version of mine!.

My later programmer WinPicProg, works fine under XP, it uses a freeware driver DLL for direct port access.

Nigel, possibly what Zener is looking for is "InpOut32.dll" you alluded to.
Zener, do a google search for "InpOut", go to the web site and download their freeware driver. But as Nigel said, if the program you are using cannot access it, it probably this driver will not do you any good.
InpOut allows you to directly access/ manipulate hardware port addresses and even memory locations if I remember correctly.
Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back