Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lowering voltage for LED's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog812

I am using 4 AA to get 4.8v, that i what the charger i have does.. , i want to lower the line to 3.6v. Is it better to resistor each LED or the main line with 1 resistor?

Also i see some leds use 3.6 and some 2.2v. What will happen to the 2.2v ones if i run 3.6v through them?

You need to use a series resistor inline with the LED/s. You should always use a current limiting resistor with leds.

Feeding a 2.2v led with 3.6v will kill it.

Do some searching here for more info in using leds and current limiting resistors. There are 100's of topics.

yah that is the prblem haha...
well i went with a resistor for each led.. 68 ohms for the 3.6 v led, and 150 ohm for the 2.2 led. Hope that works.

Sounds about right. I don't know the max current for your LEDs, but with the numbers you posted, your 3.2v leds are getting 24mA and the 2.2v LEDs are getting 17mA though them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back