Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lowering microphone sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbates58

hi all.

I have purchased a set of party light chasers for some dj work that i do. But upon using them, i have noticed that they are way way to sensitive to sound. I have pulled them apart, and found a small parabolic microphoneK which i presume is where it picks up the signal from. What im wanting to know is, is there some way i can fit a wariable resistor after it in the circuit to dumb down the sensitivity? So that its not going a milion miles per hour. If so, what should i start looking at? And what sorta values should i look at?

Cheers

jbates58

It would be helpful if you post a schematic.

That way members will find a place where you might put in a variable resistor.

Boncuk

I have purchased a set of party light chasers
What Model?

is there some way i can fit a wariable resistor after it in the circuit to dumb down the sensitivity?
Should be posible we just need to know what you are working with. Andy

**broken link removed**

they are the ones i brought. and i have no clue about the schematics for it. lol i will upload some pics of the inside tomorrow and hopefully that will help.

cheers

jbates58

ok. i have some pics of the circuit board. they are posten in order of left to right.

**broken link removed****broken link removed****broken link removed**

as you can see the microphone is located under light socket 3. i am able to measure resistors or other componants if need be. and i also noticed that there is a pot located in the third pic under the resistor. but i am unsure what this does.

cheers

jbates58

What are the numbers on the small 8 pin IC closest to the mic and the pot? Andy

the 8pin IC reads: ST CHN
LM358N
KTN938

and ontop of the pot it reads: 200K. and on the PCB beside the pot it reads W1/200K

cheers

jbates58

OK that should be your op amp for the mic. So the pot should be a sensitivity adjustment. Try turning it and see what happens. Just be carefull of the power leads. Adjust with the unit unpluged than test. Make note of the current posishoin of the pot so you can put it back if the ajustment does not help. Avoide going all the way to the ends of the adjustment. On some cheeper equpment it may do damage. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back