Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Voltage Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey.. I have been wondering .. i am now the owner of a PicKit 2 and have some Low voltage chips... Would i use a normal ICSP connection to program it? Well how would i connect it since its 3.3v and not 5v

LVP normally describes the ability to program at 5V and not require the 13V programming voltage. What LVP chips do you have?

Mike.

Those are Low voltage chips, not LVP. I've updated the Junebug manual with a 3.3V 24F PIC connection.
In a nutshell if the target PICs have their own power supply and you add the clamp diodes (1N4148 should work with a 3.3v supply) it should work.

It looks confusing lol maybe because im tired...

Instead of a LM1117 can i use a LM317 and adjust it to 3.3v? Only because i have many on hand and locally is easy to obtain the LM1117 i will of course order but will take like a week or so to get here.

LM317 is fine, you could even use a couple of fresh AA batteries in a pinch. Some folks even use a set of 2 or 3 standard diodes inline with 5V to drop the voltage. Use the unswitched U5V pin if you want your Junebug to supply the 5V.

If you are using a solderless breadboard, there's this product **broken link removed**

It is similar to other breadboard mounted power supplies, but it delivers both 5V and 3.3V. Even if your PIC is 3.3V, you may still have a need for 5V for some of your other components.

Brian

parts-man73 said:
If you are using a solderless breadboard, there's this product **broken link removed**

It is similar to other breadboard mounted power supplies, but it delivers both 5V and 3.3V. Even if your PIC is 3.3V, you may still have a need for 5V for some of your other components.

Brian

This is cool will try but instead use bills diodes to make the 3.3v part. Like use those schematics and diodes to replace the LF33ABV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back