Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low voltage parallel programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkh

hi
i am working on an usb interface (or trying to work on one) with pic18f2550.
As i dont have a programmer of my own, i made a parallel port low voltage programmer ( **broken link removed**. i am using this to program the bootloader into the pic.

The programmer seems to work fine, except it does not allow the configuration bits to be programmed. ie, whenever the configuration bits are selected to be programmed, it shows "verify error occured". if the 'program config bits' option is deselected, it shows program success.

here is the configuration bits setting part of the bootloader code (using 20mhz crystal and pll for usb):

__CONFIG _CONFIG1L, _PLLDIV_5_1L & _CPUDIV_OSC1_PLL2_1L & _USBDIV_2_1L
__CONFIG _CONFIG1H, _FOSC_HSPLL_HS_1H & _FCMEM_OFF_1H & _IESO_OFF_1H
__CONFIG _CONFIG2L, _PWRT_ON_2L & _BOR_OFF_2L ; _VREGEN_ON_2L
__CONFIG _CONFIG2H, _WDT_OFF_2H & _WDTPS_1_2H
__CONFIG _CONFIG3H, _MCLRE_ON_3H & _PBADEN_OFF_3H & _CCP2MX_OFF_3H
__CONFIG _CONFIG4L, _DEBUG_OFF_4L & _LVP_ON_4L & _STVREN_OFF_4L & _XINST_OFF_4L
__CONFIG _CONFIG5L, _CP0_OFF_5L & _CP1_OFF_5L & _CP2_OFF_5L
__CONFIG _CONFIG5H, _CPB_OFF_5H & _CPD_OFF_5H
__CONFIG _CONFIG6L, _WRT0_OFF_6L & _WRT1_OFF_6L & _WRT2_OFF_6L & _WRT3_OFF_6L
__CONFIG _CONFIG6H, _WRTB_OFF_6H & _WRTC_OFF_6H & _WRTD_OFF_6H
__CONFIG _CONFIG7L, _EBTR0_OFF_7L & _EBTR1_OFF_7L & _EBTR2_OFF_7L & _EBTR3_OFF_7L
__CONFIG _CONFIG7H, _EBTRB_OFF_7H

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back