Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low voltage halogen question regarding power

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrogers

Hi all, I'm just planning my kitchen lighting. If I use a 50w 12v halogen bulb, powered by a 20-60w 12v transformer, how much will that draw from the 240v supply? Will it be 50w?

Thanks

It will be a bit more than 50W because of transformer inefficiencies. Perhaps 55W ?

I used compact fluorescent light bulbs in my kitchen and all over the house because they waste much less power making heat.

thanks guys, that's rather a lot of power. I think I will use 20w bulbs because I have 12 holes cut out the ceiling lol. I use compact fluoro's everywhere else :) I starting to wonder If I should have invested in some LED GU10 down-lighters instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back