Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low voltage drop out circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't have hysteresis, the relay will chatter. How much hysteresis do you need, i.e., at what voltage do you want it to come back on?

the voltage should come back on at 112v.I would rather not use a relay,trying to keep it as small as possible.It seems to me,there should be a low voltage sensing IC.

zener

zener said:
the voltage should come back on at 112v.I would rather not use a relay,trying to keep it as small as possible.It seems to me,there should be a low voltage sensing IC.

zener
But what will you use to switch 10 amps at 120V? We are talking AC mains voltage here, aren't we?

Yes ,we are switching 120vac.I haven't thought this whole thing out I'm just starting. possibly i can use a thyristor to switch it.the sensing circuit can be low voltage useing a rectifier.the gap is switching the thyristor.any ideas will be appreciated.

zener

zener said:
Yes ,we are switching 120vac.I haven't thought this whole thing out I'm just starting. possibly i can use a thyristor to switch it.the sensing circuit can be low voltage useing a rectifier.the gap is switching the thyristor.any ideas will be appreciated.

zener
How many cycles below 90V do you want to have before you cut off power?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back