Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low RPM turbines and motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_sonic

Hi Im using a bicycle dynamo for a project that i have, the propeller will only rotate at 100RPM in whihc my dynamo only gives out 1Vp-p, this is really bad cause i cant do much with that kind of voltage, do you guys know of any other motor devices that would give a higher voltage(between 5-10V), at this rpm. I also want the device to be as fricitoneless as possible. Iv found something about "computer tape drive motors" these seem to be good for the job but their realy hard to get.
Thanks

Google for bike lights, cool bike lights, or led bike lights.

Weeks ago I saw one that was magnets on the spokes and a coil, with a circuit board to collect and rectify the power. It lit a bunch of LEDs.

That would be very low friction.

Super_sonic said:
Hi Im using a bicycle dynamo for a project that i have, the propeller will only rotate at 100RPM in whihc my dynamo only gives out 1Vp-p, this is really bad cause i cant do much with that kind of voltage, do you guys know of any other motor devices that would give a higher voltage(between 5-10V), at this rpm. I also want the device to be as fricitoneless as possible. Iv found something about "computer tape drive motors" these seem to be good for the job but their realy hard to get.
Thanks

Please don't start new threads for the same question!. As we told you before, you need to use gears to increase the speed, at slow speeds the output is not only low voltage, it's low power as well.

'Frictionless' isn't possible, you're converting mechanical energy into electrical energy - so it requires mechanical energy in the first place, and the more electrical energy that's taken out, the more mechanical energy needs to be supplied. Obviously minimising the losses in the conversion is a good idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back