Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power stereo FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorian

I am looking to make a simple stereo transmitter that I can hook upto the sound card and plays on the radio 2 rooms away. I have searched the forums and it mostly seems to point to "The Micromitter Stereo FM Transmitter", but the actual circuit board it goes on seems to be not readily avaliable. I just want to build a simle transmitter on a generic circuit board. Thanks.

That's probably the easiest one about?, make your own PCB for it if you can't buy one. Bear in mind that layout for RF circuits (and particularly VHF) is pretty critical, best to duplicate their proven working board.

Lorian said:
Well how would I do that? What would I need to do that?

Personally I don't make PCB's, but if you have to ask such a basic question then I don't see how you can expect to build a VHF stereo transmitter? - have you considered just buying one?, there are a number of reasonably priced low power stereo transmitters available.

The FM stereo transmitters that are sold have a very low output power so that they don't cause interference, and are used to transmit from inside a car to the nearby car radio. Therefore they might not transmit as far a two rooms away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back