Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power audio amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinusw7

Hi
I have built an audio player based on the ATTiny85 and will run it with battery power. As the microcontroller does not deliver enough power for the speaker, I need an amplifier for the audio signal. When the player is not playing a song, it should consume almost no energy in order to have a long battery life. The microcontroller in sleep mode is no problem, but the amplifier quiet power consumption should be near 0 mA as well. The audio amplifier chips that I´ve found so far () have a quiet current of 4mA which is too high. Do you know a good low power audio amplifier solution? Thanks a lot for all advice.

Regards
Martin

Thank you Nigel, I´ve had this idea too. Forgot to say that the supply voltage is 3V, i.e. I need a special FET that switches at 2.5 V already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back