Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low pin, high led, full control ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toprank

I was reading about charlieplexing and it dose not give full control over LEDs.

anyone here know if multiplexing will give full control?

looking for something that takes Low amount of pins, high amount of LEDs and full control over the LEDs.

Charlieplexing does give full control if, by full control, you mean you can switch any LED on and off at any time and have any combination of LEDs illuminated.

What do you call full control?

Mike.

in an article I read..

"Disadvantage of Charlieplexing

Only certain sets of LEDs can be turned on at the same time."

Charlieplexing does give full control if, by full control, you mean you can switch any LED on and off at any time and have any combination of LEDs illuminated.

What do you call full control?

Mike.

in an article I read..

"Disadvantage of Charlieplexing

Only certain sets of LEDs can be turned on at the same time."

A charlieplexed display is the same as any multiplexed display, you can only light certain combinations of LEDs at one time. However, the combinations are cycled through so fast that to the human eye it looks like all LEDs are lit at once.

It's a bit like a television where at any one time only 1 individual point is lit.

Mike.

Last edited:
whew.. that is good news!:D

A charlieplexed display is the same as any multiplexed display, you can only light certain combinations of LEDs at one time. However, the combinations are cycled through so fast that to the human eye it looks like all LEDs are lit at once.

It's a bit like a television where at any one time only 1 individual point is lit.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back