Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Pass Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProFPGA

Banned
Hi All,

I am trying to design and build a Low Pass Filter ( Active Filter with opamps ) . This will be the front end pre-amplifier as well as filter connected to a coil that will pick up 22hz to 32hz pulses from a Magnetic coil placed 10 feet away . I have used Filter Wiz Lite and Filter LAB2.0 , but both tools suggest using opamp of either TI or Microchip . What i need is a tool or tutorial that help design one using opamp 741 . Any suggestions ???

Thanks

ProFPGA

Please specify purpose of coils and resonant frequency.

One coil is resonanting with frequency in the range of 22hz to 32hz , it has a iron core inside . the Rx coil is placed 12 feet away and its purpose is to detect the magnetic field being generated from TX coil or detect frequency of 22hz-to-32hz .

The 741 is a very old and obsolete opamp with very poor performance. Why do you want to use it?

The pick up coil has the impedance of 2.4Kohm and its a AWG #44 wire wound air core coil . Actually i do need a pre-amp IC with AGC so that if the TX coil is near or far the gain is controlled . What other opamp or circuit would you suggest , i need a gain x5 or x10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back