Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low fuel warning light circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno65au

G'day all ... I am in need of some advice. I am not learnered in the ways of electronics, and was hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I want to construct a low fuel warning light using a led, i am not sure of the circuit i require or components.. But i do know that when i have a full tank of fuel the resistance from the internal fuel sender unit is low, and when the tank is empty, the resistance is high. I want the low fuel light to come on when i have around 3 litres left in my tank. (which holds 18 litres) Any help would be appreciated.. I have surfed the net for any form of diagram but to know avail.

again any help would be great.
Johno

You just need a comparator, a resistor and LED, and a potentiometer to make the set point. Maybe a regulator to make the set point independent of the system voltage. Dat's it.

try this site i built it and it works **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back