Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low Frequency Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gone83

Hi, everybody...

I'm newbie here...if have problem in finding notes about low frequency transformer. Can anybody help me finding it?...Or can anybody explain this kind of transformer and what is the difference between the low frequency and high frequency? What is the major parameters in the transformer?

-someone help me!!-

gone83 said:
Hi, everybody...

I'm newbie here...if have problem in finding notes about low frequency transformer. Can anybody help me finding it?...Or can anybody explain this kind of transformer and what is the difference between the low frequency and high frequency? What is the major parameters in the transformer?

-someone help me!!-
Well ...the usual step down transfomer from any adaptor (for example) is a low freq transformer. It's designed for 50-60 Hz but can be used for a bit higher freq (100Hz+). U can find in tubes or very old audio amplifiers tran designed for audio spectrum (20KHz +) and in intermediary freq small ones for 455KHz, 10.7 MHz etc.
The problem is that the low freq trans will chop higher freq wawes....su just don't use a adapter's trans for higher freq. Use below 100Hz to be sure.

gone83 said:
Hi, everybody...

-someone help me!!-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformer#Classifications
Read this and ...just use google for more.

If you need to run a transformer from a lower frequency than what it was designed for then you need it to be rated for double the voltage.

thanks you guys..actually i'm working on a battery charger...it using 120V and 60 Hz.
If there's any problem..I'll let guys know

TQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back