Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

low battery circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

on my pic I am running 8v to the 5v regulator and then feeding it to a 3v reg regulator powering another circuit. pic runs off the 5v reg

could I use the 3V reg as a balance to trigger when the 5v reg goes down to 4v, using analog readers, since analog input value would be a ratio of 3v : 5v (charged) but would change the ratio when the 5v voltage dropped to 4v,,

could I do this, is it possible, would it work!!!?

Does the pic have an A/D converter?

yup, analog readers, ! , but is my theory correct?, could i simplify out the 3v reg by chance?

could I use the 3V reg as a balance to trigger when the 5v reg goes down to 4v,
Why would your 5 volt reg go down to 4 volts? unless its bad. Is this for a failsafe? Andy

using analog readers

You are confusing us with such talk. Thinking you mean the PIC ADC input ?

Just use a voltage divider to cut the battery voltage in half and feed it into the ADC input.

Use the internal voltage refs.
When the battery is 8V the ADC will read (1023)((8/2)/5) = 818.
When the battery is 4V the ADC will read (1023)((4/2)/5) = 409.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back