Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lotsa-LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDubya

Check this LED lamp out at Gizmodo.

**broken link removed**

That's a lot of LEDs! It made me realize that with all the LED panels in the newer stop-lights, how in the world they power them?

IMHO LEDS are the next best thing to sliced bread! Some of those new style traffic lights also employ the white LED strobes in them to get motorist attention from a distance. They are effective too. The LEDs are wide dispersion and often not hindered by intense sunlight as compared to the older incandescent types. Hooray for hi-tech LEDs!!

Love that lamp, will probably cost far too much though. The LEDs have got to use far more power than an incandescent equivalent and are small enough to be styled in this way.

EDIT, seems I found the price, and at over £700 it seems a little excessive...

Last edited:
That's a lot of money for that lamp.

700 pounds ?! Good lord, this is far too expensive.
I think a hyperluminescent OLED panel of the next generation will do the same job, but ways better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back