Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lots of stuff for sale for those in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

picbits

Trying to raise some funds for my impending wedding !!!

Had a bit of a clearout and got my hands on some other surplus bits so listed them on my webshop.

Some nice stuff on there - supercaps, displays, lots of other capacitors and some microcontrollers/crystals as well as some other stuff.

Postage to the UK only I'm afraid.

**broken link removed**

Cheers
Dom

I actually run my own server from home - I've got a reasonable fast ADSL line and have 8 fixed IP addresses.

The server is running on Debian / Apache / MySql / Postfix (so basically a fairly standard Linux server).

The software for the forums is phpbb https://www.phpbb.com
The software used for the shop is OsCommerce https://www.oscommerce.com/

Best thing is its free !!!! The only costs are the server (retired machine with a graphics card fault), the electricity to run it (expensive !!!) and the ADSL (around £30 a month).

If you are looking for a similar setup - any decent Linux hosting will do as long as they allow you access to MySql

phpbb goes on in 15 minutes :)
oscommerce takes slightly longer (20 minutes) but then you've got lots of setting up to do. Oscommerce also integrates with Paypal and many other payment systems with third party addons which cost the same as a breath of fresh air ;)

phpbb is a bulletin board (a bit like what we're using at the moment to talk here).

Oscommerce is the webshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back