Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lots of help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishael

R1 2.2K 1/4W Resistor

R2,7 27Ohm 1/4W Resistor

R3 220Ohm 1/4W Resistor

R4,5 100MOhm Resistor

C1 .47 MFd/50V Capacitor

C2,3 .047 to .068 MFd Capacitor

C4 1MFd 100V Capacitor

C5 .001MFd/15KV Capacitor

D1 22KV 5MA Avalanche Diodes

Q1 MJE3055 T0220 NPN GP Transistor

T1 2100:8:8

BH1 8 Cell AA Battery Holder

S1 Push Button Switch

CL1 Battery Snap Clip

HS1 Heat Sink Bracket

well ive got the obvious resistors so im good there but when it says something like .47 MFd, are they talking mega or micro ferrads? i saw a picture of them (this is for a project) and these are some of the biggest capacitors ive ever seen in large quantity

also, where can i find some of these things? i went to allied electronics and found some of the more obvious ones but say the avalanche diodes are hard to come by

Last edited:
Hi.
MFd is a very poor brained way to write the proper µF from a careless person.
As some typing has no access to the micro symbol µ, an acceptable form is the similar u instead.

So in your case, those components are microFarads.

100M is a very high value resistor, I'd question that.

If you post a schematic and I'll be able to tell your if it's right or not.

you have seen it before hero. im having problems understanding it myself

Attachments

• 1233.jpg
    1233.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 274
Why start two threads about the same question?

R4 and R5 are high voltage current limiting resistors to keep the current to a safe level.

Sorry but I think you should attempt a simpler and less dangerous circuit, try a 555 LED flasher or something simple like that.

this is about the parts, not about the circuit diagram. each question is asked in the appropriate thread. what is dangerous about it? it is high voltage i know but if you are careful, it should be fine, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back