Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lots of free designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Hi all,

To say I'm a novice is an understatement. But I'm eager to learn.

I found a project here: 4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - Treasure Hunting

There are a lot of great projects here dealing with metal detecting. Hopefully some of you will find them useful.

I'm interested in the "Earth Resistivity Logger" by John Becker.

Before I compile parts, I'm wondering if I can increase to design's power. Maybe changing this to a deep cycle RV battery or two. The problem is I don't know how to recalculate the transistors, capacitors, and such to accommodate the increased power. Suggestions on this and where to buy the parts are greatly appreciated.

PS. The ultimate goal is to have the unit be more penetrating, more sensitive, and also for the electrodes to get enough power if they are far, far from the receiving unit. I want to be able to pass the electrodes down the face of a cliff. I'll have to design an electrode that doesn't have to be staked into the ground either.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back