Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loss of Power protection system ???? Any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettski

Hi guys,

Need to design a circuit to do the following :

When a loss of power 220VAC happens, a timer must activate for x seconds (from 10s - 360s) then activate a relay for 3s which drives a 12VDC Coil at 1.5A.

Here is what I have (correct I hope!)

220Vac - 12DC 0.3A Battery Charger
7Ah Sealed Battery
I have a CD4541BE connected to a 4700uF Cap which keeps a charge long enough for the timing circuit but the timer only activates my relay not latching off.

The circuit works but I cannot think of a way to turn off the relay??

Thanks...

PS The battery charging circuit is to make sure when the power goes back on the battery is trickle charged...

Brettski said:
Hi guys,

Need to design a circuit to do the following :

When a loss of power 220VAC happens, a timer must activate for x seconds (from 10s - 360s) then activate a relay for 3s which drives a 12VDC Coil at 1.5A.

Here is what I have (correct I hope!)

220Vac - 12DC 0.3A Battery Charger
7Ah Sealed Battery
I have a CD4541BE connected to a 4700uF Cap which keeps a charge long enough for the timing circuit but the timer only activates my relay not latching off.

The circuit works but I cannot think of a way to turn off the relay??

Thanks...

PS The battery charging circuit is to make sure when the power goes back on the battery is trickle charged...
I don't know about the other guys on this forum, but I personally have difficulty mentally converting a functional description and a handful of parts into a meaningful schematic. Can you post one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back