Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking to make a RPM Tach

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBurmeister

I am new to all of this, so please bare with me.

I am looking to make a tachometer for my motorcycle for RPM with a built in Shift Light. I would like to design it like the Formula 1 cars use, several LED lights (colors being green, yellow, and red). I know eactly where my wire is that comes into the current dash board that sends the current gauge with its freq. readings.

I guess I would need a FREQ to VOLTAGE converter to start off with. How would I be able to translate that into the LED lights to light up? Also while there be a way that I could have the lights flash as a whole when I hit a certain freq. This way I can truely tailor it to my liking..

Thank You

First wellcome to the forum.

There have been many posts about tachs on this forum. Search for them. Also google the internet. You shold find what you are looking for. If not or if you have questions about what you find then post again and we will be happy to answer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back