Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for ULN2003 type of driver with rating of about 2Amps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhl.thakur

Hi

I am making a projects which requires me to run a load of about 200mA per pin of a shift resistor (74HC595 series). As the shift resistor cant provide this i was hoping to use ULN2003 in series with the shift resistor for the purpose but it cant handle that kind of current ( 650mA total for as due to power dissipation limitation).

Also these outputs would be pulsed. Basically its a LED Cube 10X10X10 hence 100 outputs. As it would be pulsed would ULN2003 will be able to handle it?

Can someone suggest a similar array with proper rating. It also needs to be easily available and not very expensive as i need it for 100 different outputs.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi

I am making a projects which requires me to run a load of about 200mA per pin of a shift resistor (74HC595 series). As the shift resistor cant provide this i was hoping to use ULN2003 in series with the shift resistor for the purpose but it cant handle that kind of current ( 650mA total for as due to power dissipation limitation).

Also these outputs would be pulsed. Basically its a LED Cube 10X10X10 hence 100 outputs. As it would be pulsed would ULN2003 will be able to handle it?

Can someone suggest a similar array with proper rating. It also needs to be easily available and not very expensive as i need it for 100 different outputs.

Thanks

hi,
Look at this option,,, pdf

hey thanks this is exactly what i am looking for, but i need one that can source current. I searched online i guess TPIC6595 like IC which can source is not available.

Any ways i found this ( NTJD4001N ) this is pretty helpful. But this is only available in dual package. Is anyone aware of a better package? or an array of a similar device with multiple channels.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back