Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for TINY Rx/Tx modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

strokedmaro

what up...Someone sent me this link Complete TWS-434 RWS-434 4-Bit RF remote control package...I tried it and its awesome!! The only problem I have is I would like this exact setup on a different frequency so I can use 2 of them in close proximity. Can I modify one or does anyone know where I can get something equally small on a different frequency? I dont need a single 8 channel...I really only need a 1 or 2 bit version. Need to send info with one and receive with the other. Any help appreciated.

I was looking for complete micro tx/rx modules. these are going to be very helpful! thx for posting

Is that tiny enough? Die size 2.910X3.315µm.

The name of the device is RF12. It is a transceiver working on 315, 433, 868 and 915MHz.

Check out hoperf.com

exactically what I was looking for! Can someone tell me this: the TX and RX only send/receive information thats been encoded/decoded by IC's. Correct? If so, will any TX/RX be able to send any number of signals as long as the En/De can handle it? Thanks again!

Whatever you put on the input of the TX, you get at the output of the RX. You could use microcontrollers if you wanted.

Whatever you put on the input of the TX, you get at the output of the RX. You could use microcontrollers if you wanted.

If you're going to use a microcontroller (An 8pin PIC will work), you're probably going to want to send a few 0x55s first, and then do some kind of error checking. A parity bit would probably be enough.

This isn't true, unless the TX/RX modules include encoders and decoders, you normally need to use some kind of coding system, of which Manchester is the most common.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back