Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for specific PCB connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyB60

I’m building a PCB to tie into a manufactured board that has 3 rows of 8 pins (24 pins) at 2.54mm spacing. Right now I’m using three 8 Position 2.54mm Straight Connector Housings and it gets confusing plugging them into the correct position. I know I can mark them but it would be better to have just one plug instead of 3.

I’ve been searching everywhere for a 24 pin connector and can’t find one. Does anybody have any suggestions? I can’t (or don’t want to) modify the manufactured board.

Last edited:
Why don't you just superglue them together to make them 1.

The only 3 row connectors I can find have really high pin counts.

What is the device that your trying to connect ? That would help the search.
This is the header on the manufactures board and I’m looking for something that plugs onto this.
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_2076893_-1

Why don't you just superglue them together to make them 1.

The only 3 row connectors I can find have really high pin counts.

Well that’s a thought. Thanks

I found a female header that would plug right into this except that it had thru hole solder connections instead of wire connections. I was just looking for it again because I was thinking if nothing else I would mount it onto a small board and solder wires to it, but I can’t find it now.

Are these IDC or Crimp wire to board connectors?

Any identifying markings?

Can you call the manufacturer to get a p/n?

Can you post a pic?

Is there anything that forces polarity?

Os the row pitch 0.100" also?

Last edited:
Are these IDC or Crimp wire to board connectors?

Any identifying markings?

Can you call the manufacturer to get a p/n?

Can you post a pic?

Is there anything that forces polarity?

Os the row pitch 0.100" also?

This is the EXACT connector that’s mounted on the board. It not keyed and the plug can fit on anyway and in any direction. It’s just a simple 0.1”x0.1” pin header and there’s absolutely nothing special about it except that it has 3 rows of 8 pins. I can buy single row and double row of 8 pin connector housings to fit it from any electronics store, but not a 3 row.

Like I mentioned I have 3 standard single row plugs in it now and gluing them together may be the solution. I also thought of buying a longer 3 row plug and cutting it down to 24. Actually I could probably plug on a 30 position connecter without cutting it at all, but it would look funny.

I think I’m going to use Marks idea of just gluing together the three housings that I have now, but thanks anyway.

JohnnyB, A quick email to Jameco will get you the connector you need. Especially if you have 1/2 of the problem figured out. It may take a while Monday, but they are very responsive and reply to emails pretty quick. I had an issue with 2 rows of 5 with a key and they shipped me 10 samples for free. Not sayin they will do the same for you, but it is worth the time to email em and see.
Bob

JohnnyB, A quick email to Jameco will get you the connector you need. Especially if you have 1/2 of the problem figured out. It may take a while Monday, but they are very responsive and reply to emails pretty quick. I had an issue with 2 rows of 5 with a key and they shipped me 10 samples for free. Not sayin they will do the same for you, but it is worth the time to email em and see.
Bob

Thanks, I will do that. I’ve been buying a lot of stuff thru them recently and they are always sending me questioners, so I’m sure I’ll get a reply. I’ve been so dependent on forums that I forget about the suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back