Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for someone to build a prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane

Hello,

Please accept my apology if this post is not acceptable for this forum. After searching the net I came across this forum and discovered several people that appear to be capable to help me with my request.

I am looking for someone to build me a prototype of the following:

A battery operated device controlled by a remote key (like a car remote) that will turn on and off a set of bright blue LED lights that are visible for a couple of hundred yards in darkness.

The LED lights should have a time limit of approx. 15 minutes then automatically shut off.

One push of the remote key will turn on the lights while holding down the remote key for 3-5 seconds will turn off the lights.

The range should be a minimum of 300 yards.

The device should be environmentally protected for outdoor use.

Please e-mail me with any questions you might have and if you are interested in building my project please forward me your estimate for the prototype.

Thank you,

Duane.

duane_king@hotmail.com

Some problems with this idea are -

1) A "car remote" has maximum range of around 60 yards (most are 10 yards). You will either need something more powerful or some sort of cell set-up like mobile phones; you could even use a mobile phone. CB radio also comes to mind.
2) To turn your light on you will need the receiver on constantly, this means a source of power like a wall socket or solar set-up.

I am not sure of your exact application but if you just want a beacon to find something in the dark then the light does not need to be on constantly.

Solar cell, lead acid battery, blue led light that flashes on for one second every 20 seconds, LDR (switch off during the day). This should flash a blue light enough to use as a beacon and providing your solar cell does not get too dirty it should last for 5 years or more without maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back