Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for some help with Telemetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

corpuschris

I just started working with telemetry circuits and could use a bit of advice. Does any one know where I could find more information concerning design and basics?

I tried that but that but it gave to broad of a field. I am working on a few telemetry circuits but need a bit more on the fundamentals....

Well, then you need to narrow the field by telling us what signals you are interested in telemetering and for how far?

Here's what I am looking at.
608MHz-1.5GHz
portable device (battery op)
test standards being applied
The problem isn't necessarily the distance as the signal dropping in and out.

Here's what I am looking at.
608MHz-1.5GHz
portable device (battery op)
test standards being applied
The problem isn't necessarily the distance as the signal dropping in and out.
At those frequencies you will need some rather sophisticated equipment. Can you stand the expense? I'd start with a Spectrum Analyzer. Transmitter dropout will be incredibly obvious. Probing the receiver will require a scope with some probes that can get into tight spaces.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back