Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for small 16 x 2 LCD module

Status
Not open for further replies.

GizmoWizard

Anybody know where I could find a very small 16 x 2 LCD module (with the standard HD44780-compatible interface)?

I've done quite a bit of web surfing/seeking, but can't find one small enough (with the actual character display area somewhere in the neighborhood of .3" x 1" (or less).

I think you are asking for something that is impossible.

In order for a manufacturer to meet your request, they have to shrink the pixels, and cram them all together, and you will be lucky if you can get a space between letters.

Also, the HD47780 chip takes a large amount of space as well.

I doubt there will be enough pixels in your specified dimensions to make a 2x16 character display.

I think it takes at least 25 pixels to make a letter. (5 * 5 pixels). Multiply that by 16, and you get 80. If each pixel was 1mm by 1mm, you get 80mm in width which is about 3 inches across.

I have sitting in front of me a LUMEX LCM-S01602DTR/M 16 x 2 LCD that has a character display area of .45" x 1.8".

According to your reckoning, this device shouldn't exist. :wink:

GizmoWizard
I to have the same lcd which works well.Isearched HIGH AND LOW for smaller ones here a place to check

**broken link removed**

scroll down to find the displays

bbarney said:
GizmoWizard
I to have the same lcd which works well.Isearched HIGH AND LOW for smaller ones here a place to check

**broken link removed**

scroll down to find the displays

Yes bbarney, thanks for the link.

The 36.0 x 10.0 mm module is pretty close to what I'm looking for. It may be hard to find for sale in small quantities though, but I'll look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back