Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for radio transmitter building trips

Status
Not open for further replies.

darklordchris

i need some help you guys. since last year i have occasionally tryed to build a couple of radio related projects,....but it seems like know matter what i do they never seem to work. other then a kit i haven't had any success.....am i missing something here? are their some very basic but special things about transmitter building that i should know? do all the parts have to be made out of some special material or something? is it just that you can't use certain equivalent parts?
i mean when a transistor or a diode says its equivalent to the part you need is their some reason with radio thats not true?

like i've been trying to build 2 field strength meters for a week. all the parts are good and their it doesn't seem like i'm getting dead solder joints. it passes all the conductivity tests i do.
all the parts are , or at least they say their equivalent to the ones in the diagrams. and i now its getting power through it and my circuits are on broken.......but the things i've been trying to build never do anything !!!!!!!!

This would work better if you kept it in this thread. However, if you could post drawings of exactly what you have and explain in detail what doesn't work that would help also.

The field strength meter in the linked thread uses a 1N34 Germanium diode. The 1N34 is a classic and I haven't seen one in decades, however any similar germanium should work as a detector but you want germanium and not silicon for circuits like the one linked to.

Field strength meters can be pretty open as to bands or actually in more complex versions selectively tuned. Anyway, I would continue in your existing thread and details are important.

Ron

This would work better if you kept it in this thread. However, if you could post drawings of exactly what you have and explain in detail what doesn't work that would help also.

The field strength meter in the linked thread uses a 1N34 Germanium diode. The 1N34 is a classic and I haven't seen one in decades, however any similar germanium should work as a detector but you want germanium and not silicon for circuits like the one linked to.

Field strength meters can be pretty open as to bands or actually in more complex versions selectively tuned. Anyway, I would continue in your existing thread and details are important.

Ron

ok, thats cool guys. its just so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back