Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for programming software....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey....
I have a programmer as shown in the pic. but I have no suportted program for it. can someone help me plz?

Attachments

• pic_circ.jpg
    pic_circ.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 944
This is a basic programer.

What chip are you programing?

WinPicProg by Nigel Goodwin
IC-Prog

go into the Hardware settings and set the pins of the port

Hint: D0=Pin2

If you need more help just ask.

Kent

So, what you are saying is that you cant change the lines of the programer hardware, right.

You should be able to go into the hardware setup of the software and make them the same as the programer.

What software have you tryed?

If you can't, please explain.

Kent

I changed the hardware....
now when I program the pic, it doesn't pass the verify....
there are places where it is program, but it does not program all posible options. and sometimes it program one and read something else...

I think I have bad PIC. I will try to buy another one....

Thanks for the help.....

Get WinPicProg by Nigel Goodwin

In the hardware setup
set Vdd to D2 and Invert
set Vpp to D3 and Invert
Set Output to D0
Set Clock to D1
Set Input to Ack and Invert

Port $378 (printer port)

Let me know, details please

kent
[/url]

hey...
I bought a new pic16f84A. The programmer didn't program it too. :cry:
I don't know if it is meter, but instad of 74ls07 I have 74ls06, I inverted output(D0), input(ACK) and clock(D1).
it doesn't pass the verify...

and another point, when i read information from the pic the vpp led is blink. should it be like this????
in the normal work of the pic MCLR should be 5V. on the reset this pin should be 0V and in programming mode 14V.
I think that when I read the info the programmer delete it from the pic...
Am I right???

What should I do to fix it????

You can't use Ic-Prog for this programmer. IC-prog doesn't support the use of the LPT (printer ) Port. Use winpicprog from the link in my signiture.

EDIT: sorry, it does support LPT ports. But it's just so annoying... :evil: it takes forever to program an 8k chip.

pike said:
You can't use Ic-Prog for this programmer. IC-prog doesn't support the use of the LPT (printer ) Port. Use winpicprog from the link in my signiture.

IC-Prog supports both serial and parallel ports, but it doesn't seem as configurable as WinPicProg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back