Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for PCB makers in Europ

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonio

Hello Everybody!

I am a new electronics hobbyist i used to do my pcb's myself, but this is getting more and more hard to do with the number of pins exponentially increasing and hence the need to have multilayer pcb. Then I started to look for PCB makers in Europ but if we look at the price my God they are so expensive, however i stumbled on this one ( **broken link removed** )which looks quite cheap compared to the rest. I am kind of convinced and would like to give it a try however i would also to have the opinion of the experts of PCBs on this forum.....

thanks fellows
Antonio

PCB manufacturers

Hi Antonio,

PCB manufacturers normally go for mass production. There are only few who make prototype boards for a reasonable price.

Here are two of them: https://www.bellmann.nl and https://www.bilex-lp.com (Bulgaria) email-address of the latter: info@bilex-lp.com.

I'm not sure if they manufacture multilayer boards, but you can give it a try.

Concerning double sided boards Bilex is outstandingly cheap compared to others.

Another possibility would be to find a chinese supplier. Check at https://www.globalsources.com

Regards

Boncuk

Hello All,

first of all thanks Boncuk for the links that you have provided me with; however, I had already sent my gerbers to tom-ic for fabrication. The people there are cool and friendly although i am not a big customer :) I only had 2 Eu small format to do but they offered me 2 additional free PCBs I could have asked for one and got the second for free too :)!
Once i get the PCBs I will post photos of them to show the quality they have....

Good day everybody!
Antonio

voila! my nice PCB!!

Hello All,

I would like to share with you this discovery!!
on this photo you will find one side of a double sided PCB done by tom-ic (www.tom-ic.com). They say an image is worth a thound words and i think it truely is in this image.
just one or two things that i would like to add is that I specifically did ask to have no silkscreen (although i could have it for the same price!)
and that they do do AU finishing also same price!!!

so what is this price well it is 30 Euro for a small EU fromat and in addition to that they do have an offer till the end of March, buy 1 get 1 free!

ask me no more questions :) i will have fun with my board now ask them (**broken link removed**) very friendly people!

good day
Antonio

Attachments

• mypcb.jpg
    mypcb.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Antonio,

congratulations for the board.

If you're satisfied with it I'm definitely not. The accuracy of it is just standard 0.025mm. (For comparison have a look at your PC's mainboard. There the accuracy has to be 0.0025mm)

You talked about multi-layer boards which isn't the case here.

Finally a hint to think about: Traces have to undergo stress, caused by thermal problems and resulting in mechanical problems. A trace layed at a right angle will have put unnecessary stress at abnormal thermal conditions, like ambient air temperature in the vicinity of high power switching devices which might produce temperatures of more than 100degC. Dividing the traces into sections of 45degrees will divide the mechanical stress by 1/2 thus ensuring better mechanical stability and hence better electric behavior and life time of the device.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back