Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for parts for 6 channel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSG

Hi,
I am looking to build a six channel RF remote controller. Should be operating at 433 MHz and should have a range of 1000ft.(~300mt). I do not want to use a microcontroller.

Any suggestions about component selection?

I appreciate any feedback

Thanks
RSG

You could take a look at the Holtek range of Encoder / Decoders. HT12A, HT12D, HT12E and HT12F. The range will be down to the RF module you use for the transmission.

No Microcontroller required with the Holtek chips, but whether they suit you depends on your application. What exactly are you trying to do? Is it simply remote control (on/off switching) of 6 devices?

Brian

Thanks Brian and Nigel,
I really have no background on wireless/RF communication. And so want to avoid the microcontroller programming.

My application is a simple on/off switching of 6 different lights.
The data sheets suggest that typical RF transmitter and RF receivers are JR-220 and JR-200 respectively.

I tried to google them to get their datasheet but couldn't get them...Are there any other ones available?

If you could point me to any circuits that were already built/any further information that could help me understand/build my circuit, that would be really great.

Thanks
RSG

Nigel Goodwin said:
Except that the Holtek chips are just pre-programmed micro-controllers! :p
They look more like ASICs to me/
**broken link removed**

I found Holtek's HT640 and HT658L encoder-decoder pair.
The transmitter and receiver modules are pretty expensive :( Phew! Not less than $13 [I hate this number too...]

A website that lists the available transmitter and receiver modules.

Any idea of cheaper alternatives? I am welcome to any suggestions...

Thanks
RSG

Hi,
For the single chip transmitter and Reciever ICs that I have, the data has to be either ASK or FSK data. MICRF112 (Transmitter) and MICRF009 (reciver)

The Holtek encoders do not seem to be mentioning anything about such encodings.

Could anybody suggest me any other encoder-decoder pairs that gives FSK or OOK data ?

My application needs a seven channel RF remote control for controlling few light switches.

Thanks a lot
RSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back