Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Oscilloscope probe for...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tperk1

a Devry Institute of Tech.Oscilloscope? Don't have picture but I'll try to get a picture of it uploaded. I was told it was a project kit for the correspondence course. There are no serial numbers or part numbers on it. If anyone knows where I could purchase a probe for it, or if they make some kind of universal connectors for probes could you let me know. I'll try to get a picture of it uploaded. Thanks

Scope probes come in a few flavors like 1X, 10X, 100X the 10X and 100X being attenuator probes.

Take a look at the vertical inputs. They should have labels on them like 1M Ohm 15 pF do you see anything like that? Now do you want a standard 1:1 probe or a 10:1 or 100:1 (anymore 100:1 probes are seldom seen)?

Ron

A photo of the 'scope on Google (it looks like it is very old) shows "binding posts" as the input connectors. Then any old shielded cable (audio cable) can be used to connect to the input.

Attachments

• devry 'scope.JPG
    devry 'scope.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 302
Yes audioguru thats it! Where would be the best place to order the probe? Thats the exact same one; the vertical input is .01 to 10k volts per cm

the vertical input is .01 to 10k volts per cm. The Sweep is 10 to 100k frequency and then the otherside of the sweeps 1 to 10k time per cm. What would you recommend and from where? audioguru found the picture of it on Google (the last place I thought to look).

Like I said, the 'scope looks like it is very old so nobody sells a probe set for it. Simply make your own probes with shielded audio cable and a thick copper wire probe or alligator clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back