Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for NEC Data Sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewija62

I am looking for a data sheet on a TO-220 part out of my Fi-Shock electric fence charger which is shorted. The part markings are:
26 NEC
K A G

Sounds like a SCR because of the KAG. Might just have to sub something unless the HotWaterWizard comes up with the datasheet for you. What is the voltage and current rating of the charger? Can you post a clear picture of the component?

I am looking for a data sheet on a TO-220 part out of my Fi-Shock electric fence charger which is shorted. The part markings are:
26 NEC
K A G

Attached a picture of the part.
Input voltage to the charger is 120Vac, not sure on input current.
Output voltage for fence chargers is generally ~ 4.0KV and is pulsed on & off. Output of this part goes through a step up transformer. Date written on charger PCB was 08/1989

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
How about a picture front and back of the Circuit board.
Make and Model number of the Charger would help too.

Fi-shock 2000e

Hi all.
New to this forum, so apologies if it seems I am hijacking this thread, but it is on a very similar note.
I am try to repair a Fi-shock 2000e fence energiser(The PCB shown is a working one)

I am trying to assertain what part this is. It is the part in the top right, below the mounting hole, next to a thyrister (BT151-650R, 7.5A, 650v). I am thinking it may be a Zenner diode(On PCB it is D8). Can anyone help me identify it and what part number please.
Sorry for the quality of the pictures.
Thanks

Attachments

• 14-04-09_2204.jpg
    14-04-09_2204.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 642
  • 14-04-09_2205.jpg
    14-04-09_2205.jpg
    288.2 KB · Views: 605
I can't see zip in the pictures, you need a LOT more light. It could be a zener or a small signal diode the picture isn't clear enough to tell. Can you get a much better pictures? You need a LOT more light to be closer and to focus it better.

Sorry about the pictures, they were taken with my mobile. I will try again or leave until the morning
Thanks

Tried to get better pics, but sorry, don’t seem to work. Last time I did any of this was over 35 years ago, so, please bear with me. From the pic, these are the components

R1 10 Ω
R2 470Ω
R3 2.2kΩ
R4 470Ω
R5 470Ω
R6 10kΩ
R7 1300kΩ
R9 47Ω

C1 473k 250v
C2 100µf 50v
C3 474k 600v
C4 473k 600v
C5 305k 600v
C6 22µf 50v

Q1 D45H11 pnp
Q2 TP32c pnp
SCR BT151-650r 7.5A, 650v Thyristor

Thanks again for looking.

All the rest are diodes, which I cannot make out. It is D8 that I cannot understand. It is glass, orange or gold with either a gap or silver line across the centre.

Attachments

• 14-04-09_2204.jpg
    14-04-09_2204.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,459
Without a view of the underside, I'd say that diode D8 is a silicon diode like a 1N54XX-series, attached to the SCR "G" terminal as a clamping diode. The SCR is not heatsinked, so I assume that a small current is present in this circuit.

Without a view of the underside, I'd say that diode D8 is a silicon diode like a 1N54XX-series, attached to the SCR "G" terminal as a clamping diode. The SCR is not heatsinked, so I assume that a small current is present in this circuit.

Thanks Shokjok. Here is a better picture of the underside.

Attachments

• 16-04-09_1137.jpg
    16-04-09_1137.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 578
Got it

Never thought it would happen, but got a full schematic and parts list from Fi-Shock.
The part in question is a BILATERAL DIAC (HT-40), whatever that means.
So, Many thanks to all who helped.

Is there anywhere this schematic and parts list can be saved on the site for future reference for others? It's in PDF format.

Diacs are bidirectional diodes. If you want to save the PDF just start a new thread in the parts/data sheet request forum with an appropriate topic and upload the PDF as an attachment. It'll be there pretty much forever.

Does anyone know the part number or the specs for the power transformer located in the middle of the boards?

Hey, I have an Idea.
Post the documents you have.
Schematics, Parts list, Etc

Please Share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back