Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Mini Pressured Air Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

odense

I am looking for a device like pneumatics but "rod" should be extented much more than double of cylinder. I am thinking about a PRESSURED AIR BAG (I dont know its technical name). A stupid pic can be seen below. Please let me know if anyone know where we can buy.

Attachments

• part1_737.jpg
    part1_737.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 1,524

How small we talking because I know of one but it is pretty small nothing to big.

What are you trying to do?

Are you making a robot with air bags
that would actually be cool
I don't no if you know what air bags is because here in the USA we use them to lift the car up like hydrolics but usees airbags instead.
Not the ones from the steering wheels if that is what you are thinking.

Opps I did not see the size up there
Anyway I will post the link in a second after I am done taking a shower.

Re: reply

Roboticinfo said:
How small we talking because I know of one but it is pretty small nothing to big.

What are you trying to do?

Are you making a robot with air bags
that would actually be cool
I don't no if you know what air bags is because here in the USA we use them to lift the car up like hydrolics but usees airbags instead.
Not the ones from the steering wheels if that is what you are thinking.

Yes, to save battery energy, I would like to use airbag or pneumatics. This is idea.

As described above, I tried to use miniature pneumatics for my robot design but the "rod" of pneumatics is never longer than its cylinder while I need an airbag or "pneumatics", whose extented length(about 7CM) is much longer than its retracted length (about 2CM). Please remember that the Diameter of the airbag (pneumatics bellows as said by a guy) is not more than 2.0CM
Please post a link you have.

Klaus said:
try searching for "pneumatic bellows" ,this is what I interpret from your drawing.
Klaus

Thanks!, I searched with the keyword but no good results have been shown. Sad!

same here Willi I'm trying to think what he wants it for. If he is a bit more explicit in what it's for I can maybe design something up and quickly make it to test it, but without any idea every response will be a question rather than a solution.

Just my thoughts Bryan :D

There are such things as telescopic pnuematic cylinders, they extend a lot longer than normal ones. You may have problems finding one that size though. I have seen a printer cartridge refill container that is almost an exact copy of your pic, macgyver one to work.

**broken link removed**

chiba said:
macgyver one to work.

:lol:

Checklist... inner tube, tube of super-glue, sharp knife..
hmm.. grannys biscuit cutter could come in use
deep breath..relax dont rush it

Google for the rubric " Air muscle" this may provide an alternative
way of doing things..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back