Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for LED display ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_123

I have device that currently uses AVAGO HCMS-2903 LED display
4 segments 5x7 matix, each segment about 3.8 mm high.

It works great, but very expensive, more than $17 each
Do you know any similar devices?

It must work in dark areas, have 4 segments.
Intereface does not really matter as it used with microcontroller and I can change communications as long as it cheap.

Thanks.

Attachments

• HCMS-2901,HCMS-2902,HCMS-2903.jpg
    HCMS-2901,HCMS-2902,HCMS-2903.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Does it have to be alphanumeric or is it just numbers? Can you live with 7-segment led displays? (btw - what you're calling a "segment" is a "character")

Any such modules with integrated interfaces tend be in that price range, so you will have to consider individual LEDs or display digits for a lower price.

Perhaps these alphanumeric digits, or similar
**broken link removed**

combined with charlieplexing as described here:
**broken link removed**

If you just need a 7-segment display, look at something like the LTC-4727 or the LTC-4627. Those are designed for clocks. If you don't want a clock display, just go to mouser.com or digikey.com and do a search for 7-segment displays. There are a lot of options available.

This is correcet I need to display at least 4 characters at the same time.

Unfortunately 7 segment display will not work, I need to display alpha-numeric characters, that is why I need 5x7 matrix.

Clock displays will not work, they usually too big, I need 3 to 5 mm letter height.

just go to mouser.com or digikey.com and do a search
I did and I see avago is the only available, like I said 7-segment is not an option at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back