Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking For Bench Power Supply Kit Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksinga

Looking to build a good variable bench power supply for project building. Haven't owned one before but a guy I knew in the service had a really nice one. It had variable DC from 0 to like 30 volts. It had an AC output as well, don't remember if the AC was variable though. Each output had a digital display of what the voltage output was set to. This was a kit he had built not a store bought supply. It contained a transformer with multiple taps so that one output could supply the variable voltage section and another could provide constant voltage to other projects added in to the same enclosure. He had also added a capacitance/inductance meter in to the same enclosure with a digital readout for checking cap/inductor values.

Does anyone have any kit suggestions for a supply like this or multiple kits that could be assembled in the same enclosure. Thank you for your help.

Mark

I just looked through my schematics on my computer and I dug this one up. It's only 25V output though, but it does have a pcb layout already made up.

Attachments

• 25v_power_supply.zip
    353.7 KB · Views: 173
There is a Fairly Good and Simple supply in my projects area.
**broken link removed**

I can go to Zero Volts and is both Current and Voltage Regulated.

As to Digital Meters, You can easily add some Digital Panal Meters, That are Readily Available from various sources.

Build Two, so you can have a +/- Supply

Gary

Sometimes a complete DVM can be had for less than the cost of a panel meter. These low cost meters aren't especially rugged (you get what you pay for) but might serve well in this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back