Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for anti-static packaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerStrom8

Super Moderator
Hey everyone.

I've gotten to the point where I'd like to sell off some of my old stuff, and I'm in desperate need of antistatic packaging, namely foam and bags.

For foam I'm looking for pieces approximately 6 in. x 8 in. x 1/4 in., and some smaller pieces (I can always cut them out if I need to).

For bags, I'd like a variety of sizes, ranging from 2 in. x 2 in. all the way up to 12 in. x 14 in., or larger.

If anyone's got some they'd like to part with for a low price, please let me know! I'd be happy to pay you via paypal, provided you can offer me a better deal than on ebay ;)

Thanks everyone!
Regards,
Matt

Funny you would mention that just now. I have this question posted over at AllAboutCircuits and got the exact same answer there :D

Anyway, I would like to avoid uline, as their prices are quite high for me. I'm looking for a cheap solution preferably among forum members, which is the reason I posted this in the wanted section of the forum.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Matt

Hey everyone.

I've gotten to the point where I'd like to sell off some of my old stuff, and I'm in desperate need of antistatic packaging, namely foam and bags.

Thanks everyone!
Regards,
Matt

Hi Matt

What kind of old stuff are you wanting to sell? Maybe obsolete IC's etc. If so, they could be worth Gold.

Just curious:D

Regards,
tvtech

Have you tried asking a local computer shop? Many of them toss out a lot of ESD packaging material. Even if they recycle it for $, they still might be willing to sell it dirt cheap. Especially if they building custom PC, or do laser printer repairs - as they will toss out a lot of component packaging. Also a good source for small packing boxes and envelopes.

Hi Matt

What kind of old stuff are you wanting to sell? Maybe obsolete IC's etc. If so, they could be worth Gold.

Just curious:D

Regards,
tvtech

I'm afraid not tvtech, most of what I'm selling are old computer parts (processors, motherboards, RAM cards, video cards, etc). I think I have another post somewhere around here that lists everything I'm trying to sell.

Have you tried asking a local computer shop? Many of them toss out a lot of ESD packaging material. Even if they recycle it for $, they still might be willing to sell it dirt cheap. Especially if they building custom PC, or do laser printer repairs - as they will toss out a lot of component packaging. Also a good source for small packing boxes and envelopes.

This is a great idea, but unfortunately I live up in the boondocks of the US and there isn't a computer shop anywhere near my place. Otherwise I'd definitely give it a try.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back