Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for an inexpensive, enclosed, illuminated SPST switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a fairly inexpensive switch such as this one:
OEM / MIDWAY SPST ILLUMINATED 15A 125V OVAL RED

I would like it to be enclosed in a little box, as above and the illumination doesn't have to come from the switch itself. It can be a separate LED. The application is 12V and 1-2 amps.

The above would work for my project, but I am looking for alternative. I tried to search and search and could not come up with anything acceptable.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
Google: inline switch.

Ken

That is a vampire switch for 110 Volts AC. The light will not work with DC. May I ask what this is for so we may suggest alternatives?

Thanks guys! The inline switch term is much better for searching.

The switch is for installation of a device in an automotive application (switched ignition wire). 12V DC in other words.

The switch is for installation of a device in an automotive application (switched ignition wire). 12V DC in other words.
In the engine compartment or on the dash?

It's part of a small harness inside the car. The switch is going to be on a few loose wires. Ground and power going in. Switched power, constant power and ground coming out. I want the switch in its own enclosure, not mounted.

Switched power, constant power and ground coming out.
You will not find one with switched power and constant power coming out. You may have to hack an AC one for DC. thay are only made for AC line cords like on lamps. Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back